GlennCocosCandy. Powered by Blogger.

Advertisement

Popular Posts

Instagram

Popular Posts

A TOPSHOPPER

by - 9:47 AM

As I've mentioned in my previous January post, I started working at Topshop in december. And since then I have to say I learned quite a lot. I learned how to handle merchandise with care, how to help costumers finding their best fit in certain outfits, but most importantly (to me), I learned how to deal with different trends. And although it may sound easy, I promise you to try and distinguish between trends in 21st century should in my opinion be considered as a talent. Because when costumers walk in to a store they aren't going to be like ''I need to find the trend in this store that fits my style!'' No, of course not. You go in, browse a little, and find some pieces of clothing you like best, even though they don't match at all. But I'll let you in on a little secret. Trend mixing is considered in the fashion world a complete BLASPHEMY! A big no, no! Ha ha, I know, not much of a secret, but I have to admit, maybe I'm just ventilating my anger a little. Because I got yelled at so many times for not obeying those strict orders that I honestly find a bit silly. I mean I don't know. To me, fashion shouldn't have these strict rules, that you oh so sacredly swear by. It should be an opportunity to express an individual in the way he wants to be expressed. So if I like having 5 trends on me, well hell, that's just the way it is. And besides anybody who is somebody in the fashion industry, never made it by fitting in with the crowd. Maybe these are just frustrations of a fashion enthusiast and they're going to probably stay that way, since I am not a force in the fashion world to be reckoned with, but I would like to know I am not alone in this, and that people do agree that fashion isn't so one sided, like so many people want to portray it. We all just want to be seen. Even if just for a glimpse of a second. Sometimes that glimpse lasts.

You May Also Like

0 komentarji

Ask me anything